This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a talented and motivated full-time Software Engineer to join our growing team at Tailscale. As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for developing the Tailscale product, with a special focus on developing the Windows client and its deployment in large Windows Enterprise environments. We are looking for someone who can think on their feet, collaborate with technical teams, and work asynchronously. Strong understanding of software development principles, capabilities, and limitations of Windows platforms is required. The target salary range for this position is $180,000 - $265,000 USD.
- Develop the Tailscale product, contributing to client code and backend services, with a special focus on developing the Windows client.
- Deploy the Tailscale Windows client in large Windows Enterprise environments.
- Utilize win32 APIs for the Tailscale Windows client.
- Handle Enterprise features of large Windows deployments, including Active Directory forests and Domain Controllers, software deployment using SCCM and Endpoint Configuration Management, multi-user Windows systems, Group Policies and NRPT rules, Credential Guard and Trusted Platform Modules, Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI), and Proxy Auto-Configuration (PAC).
- Have a strong understanding of software development principles, capabilities, and limitations of Windows platforms.
- Possess proficiency in win32, C++, and/or C#.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide and process constructive feedback and work independently.
- Adapt to the dynamic nature of a startup.
- Previous experience in Golang is a plus.
- Strong understanding of software development principles, capabilities, and limitations of Windows platforms
- Proficiency in win32, C++, and/or C#
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to give and process constructive feedback, as well as work independently
- Flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a startup
- Previous experience in Golang will make ramping up quicker
- An inclusive, flexible environment where you can be your authentic self
- A competitive total compensation package including base salary and equity incentive plan
- Comprehensive group benefits with no waiting period, including health, vision, dental, and more for you and your family
- Remote-first work with the opportunity to work from anywhere and join company retreats
- Support for personal and professional development with an annual budget for professional development, conference attendance, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities
- Paid time off and a healthy work-life balance with 4 weeks of vacation per year and uncapped sick time
- A build-your-own home office setup with a choice of company-owned laptop, monthly home internet reimbursement, and $1000 USD for workstation customization
- Generous parental leave program from the first day of employment with parental leave top-ups for up to 26 weeks.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.