This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a talented and motivated full-time Product Engineer to join our growing team at Tailscale. As a Product Engineer, you will be responsible for developing the Tailscale product, contributing to client code and backend services. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of the entire product lifecycle, from writing code to product ideation and strategic decision-making. Collaboration with UX/UI designers and product managers will be crucial in shaping features. We are looking for a motivated individual who can think on their feet, collaborate with technical teams, and work asynchronously.
- Collaborate with designers, PMs, and other engineers in cross-functional teamwork
- Contribute creative ideas for product features during product ideation
- Develop Tailscale product features collaboratively by coding client and backend
- Conduct and participate in the code review process
- Enhance product quality and maintainability through continuous improvement
- Influence roadmap with technical insights for product strategy
- Create technical prototypes for potential features
- Incorporate user feedback and insights into the development process
- Proficiency with Golang
- Strong track record of working with a product mindset and influencing product strategy
- Experience with backend and client development
- User-focused design and problem-solving abilities
- Cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to give and process constructive feedback, as well as work independently
- Flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a startup
- Adaptable development and iterative mindset
- An inclusive, flexible environment where you can be your authentic self
- A competitive total compensation package including base salary and equity incentive plan
- Comprehensive group benefits with no waiting period, including health, vision, dental, and more for you and your family
- Remote-first work with the opportunity to work from anywhere and join company retreats
- Support for personal and professional development with an annual budget for professional development, conference attendance, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities
- Paid time off and a healthy work-life balance with 4 weeks of vacation and uncapped sick time
- Build-your-own home office setup with a company-owned laptop, monthly home internet reimbursement, and $1000 USD for customizing your workstation
- Generous parental leave program from the first day of employment with parental leave top-ups for up to 26 weeks.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.