This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a talented software engineer specializing in security and privacy to join our product security team at Tailscale. The role involves improving the security properties of Tailscale, auditing features for technical security weaknesses, and supporting engineering decisions with threat modeling and security analysis. Proficiency in programming languages, application platforms, and knowledge of operating system internals, cryptographic primitives, and networking protocols are required. The position offers an inclusive and flexible environment with a target salary range of $145,000–$265,000 USD.
- Improve the security properties of Tailscale by identifying opportunities for security and privacy features, bug fixes, and defense-in-depth, and implementing them across our codebase
- Audit Tailscale features for technical security weaknesses, identifying mitigations or solutions, and driving them towards resolution
- Support engineering decisions with threat modeling and security analysis and expertise
- Proficiency developing in at least one programming language (Tailscale uses Go)
- Proficiency developing for at least one application platform (e.g. iOS, Android, web, Windows, macOS, Linux)
- Prior experience in a safety-related technical role, e.g. application security or application platform security, infrastructure security, security operations, penetration testing, threat modeling and prioritization, user experience design or research, digital forensics and incident response
- Knowledge of operating system internals and security mechanisms
- Knowledge of cryptographic primitives and protocols
- Knowledge of common networking protocols
- Ability to give and process constructive feedback
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a startup
- An inclusive, flexible environment
- Competitive total compensation package including base salary and equity incentive plan
- Comprehensive group benefits with no waiting period (health, vision, dental, etc.)
- Remote-first work with the opportunity to work from anywhere and join company retreats
- Support for personal and professional development with annual budget for professional development, conference budget, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities
- Paid time off and a healthy work-life balance with 4 weeks of vacation and uncapped sick time
- Build-your-own home office setup with company-owned laptop, home internet reimbursement, and customization budget
- Generous parental leave program with parental leave top-ups for up to 26 weeks.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.