This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a strategic finance professional to join our team at Tailscale. As the first member of our strategic finance team, you will report directly to the VP of Finance and play a crucial role in driving our financial model, go-to-market strategy, and unit economics. Your responsibilities will include budgeting, financial planning, analysis, and collaborating with cross-functional leaders on strategic projects. Strong analytical skills, experience in investment banking and fast-paced startups, and proficiency in financial modeling are required. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of Tailscale.
- Help drive the budget, operating model, and long-term financial plan for Tailscale
- Perform analysis to support strategic decision-making around resource allocation and prioritization; identify areas for growth and improvement
- Work with cross-functional leaders to influence strategic projects including pricing, unit economics, customer segmentation, and sales compensation
- Build business cases for areas Tailscale should invest resources effectively
- Drive alignment on KPIs and key metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, go-to-market initiatives, business performance, and provide visibility into operating performance
- Prepare presentations and analysis for our Board of Directors, Executive Team, and investors
- 2+ years of experience including Investment Banking and experience working at a fast-paced start-up (ideally SaaS) in Strategic Finance or FP&A
- Strong proficiency with financial modeling and Excel; work with SQL a plus
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
- An inclusive, flexible environment
- Competitive total compensation package including base salary and equity incentive plan
- Comprehensive group benefits with no waiting period (health, vision, dental, etc.)
- Remote-first work with the opportunity to work from anywhere and join company retreats
- Support for personal and professional development with annual budget for professional development, conference budget, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities
- Paid time off and a healthy work-life balance with 4 weeks of vacation and uncapped sick time
- Build-your-own home office setup with choice of company-owned laptop, monthly home internet reimbursement, and $1000 USD for workstation customization
- Generous parental leave program from the first day of employment
This is some text inside of a div block.