This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a talented and motivated full-time Software Engineer to join our growing team at Tailscale. As part of the engineering team, you will contribute to the development of the Tailscale product, with a special focus on Apple platforms and networking functionality. The ideal candidate should have expertise in iOS and macOS development, strong understanding of software development principles, and proficiency in Objective-C and/or Swift. We offer an inclusive and flexible environment, with a target salary range of $180,000 - $265,000 USD.
- Develop the Tailscale product, contributing to client code and backend services.
- Bring a special focus on Apple platforms, especially networking functionality of the platforms.
- Have expertise in iOS and macOS development, including network extension and routing table proficiency, cross-target code sharing, multiple application signing schemes, battery life investigation and improvement, intents and integrations with other software on the device, MDM integration, profile support, and fleet management.
- Provide support for the latest Apple platform features while maintaining compatibility with older systems.
- Have a strong understanding of software development principles, capabilities, and limitations of macOS and iOS platforms.
- Previous experience in Golang is preferred.
- Proficiency in Objective-C and/or Swift.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to give and process constructive feedback and work independently.
- Flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a startup.
- Strong understanding of software development principles, capabilities, and limitations of macOS and iOS platforms
- Previous experience in Golang makes ramping up quicker
- Proficiency in Objective-C and/or Swift
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to give and process constructive feedback, as well as work independently
- Flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a startup
- An inclusive, flexible environment
- Competitive total compensation package including base salary and equity incentive plan
- Comprehensive group benefits with no waiting period for health, vision, dental, and more
- Remote-first work with the opportunity to work from anywhere and join company retreats
- Support for personal and professional development with annual budget for professional development, conference attendance, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities
- Paid time off and a healthy work-life balance with 4 weeks of vacation and uncapped sick time
- Build-your-own home office setup with choice of company-owned laptop, monthly home internet reimbursement, and $1000 USD for workstation customization
- Generous parental leave program with parental leave top-ups for up to 26 weeks.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.