This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this role is located under the heading "About the Role". The successful candidate will work within the Developer Productivity team to develop and maintain tools for deploying, provisioning, and configuring infrastructure used in the development and release of Redpanda Data's line of products. They will collaborate with Customer Success and Product Support teams to ensure the highest level of product quality and contribute to the continuous improvement of Redpanda's software delivery processes and practices. The role requires experience working with cloud infrastructure, end-to-end workflows, and infrastructure automation frameworks. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $175,000 (CO, TX) and $180,000 - $210,000 (CA, NY).
- Implement end-to-end pipelines that provision Redpanda in cloud infrastructure, as well as other software and services that produce and consume data from it, and that verify the correct behavior of the system
- Design, implement and maintain tooling that is used by Redpanda engineers as part of the software development process
- Interact with developers to obtain feedback about their experience with the goal of incorporating it into new releases of the dev internal tooling
- Closely collaborate with product teams (including Customer Success and Product Management) to ensure we continuously ship a solid and reliable product
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud infrastructure for the purposes of deploying, testing and releasing data or storage systems
- Created end-to-end workflows that deploy a distributed system like Redpanda, and applications that use it (data analytics, SQL engines, and similar data systems), particularly for the purposes of testing end-to-end system behavior
- Collaborated with product managers and engineers to design end-to-end user journeys that are verified through automated workflows
- Comfortable writing and reading Python or Go programs, as well as excellent shell scripting skills
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure automation framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to concisely explain rationale for design choices from the perspective of quality assurance and verification
- Comfortable working with a fast-moving 100% distributed engineering and product team
- Experience with chaos testing (optional)
- Experience deploying stateful services in Kubernetes (optional)
- Working with streaming engines such as Kafka or Pulsar (optional)
- Deploying data pipelines in the context of end-to-end system testing (optional)
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.