This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Render is seeking a Product Engineer to join their team and contribute to the development of their cloud platform. The role involves designing and building user-facing features and abstractions to simplify application deployments. The ideal candidate should have experience in full stack development, web frameworks, APIs, and databases. They will be responsible for delivering new features, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and participating in team planning and goal-setting. The Product Engineer will also help shape team culture and practices as the company scales.
- Deliver new features and user experience improvements to make the Render platform more powerful and valuable to users.
- Collaborate closely with design, product, other engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Help evolve and mature the Render codebase and technology as the product scales and increases in complexity over time.
- Participate in team planning, roadmapping, and goal-setting.
- Help shape team culture and practices as the company scales.
- Participate in the on-call rotation with the rest of the engineering team.
- Have professional experience shipping software.
- Collaborate with product and design stakeholders.
- Wear multiple hats and work across the stack, both collaboratively and independently.
- Have a strong understanding of web frameworks, APIs, and databases, and experience working with multiple programming languages.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and ability to make pragmatic decisions about your work.
- Familiarity with modern tooling for software build and deploy processes (nice-to-have).
- Familiarity building for product-driven growth and modern enterprise audiences (nice-to-have).
- Experience with any of the technologies the Render product runs on: Go, Typescript, React, Kubernetes, Terraform (nice-to-have).
- Professional experience shipping software
- Experience collaborating with product and design stakeholders
- Experience wearing multiple hats and working across the stack, both collaboratively and independently
- Strong understanding of web frameworks, APIs, and databases, and experience working with multiple programming languages
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to make pragmatic decisions about your work
- Familiarity with modern tooling for software build and deploy processes
- Familiarity building for product-driven growth and modern enterprise audiences
- Experience with any of the technologies the Render product runs on: Go, Typescript, React, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Starting salary between $150,000 and $220,000 USD
- Equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows
- 4 weeks of paid vacation from day one
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent
- FSAs available
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Commuter benefits for Renders in the Bay Area
- Home office stipends for remote Renders
- Continuous learning benefits and related support
- Equal opportunity employer
- Reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.