This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Render is seeking engineers with deep specialization in cloud infrastructure to join their rapidly scaling company. As an early-stage member of the team, you will have the opportunity to design and build the cloud infrastructure, make impactful decisions, and shape the product and company. The role involves owning Render's core infrastructure, offering unique capabilities to customers, planning for increasing scale, debugging infrastructure issues, and improving performance and reliability. Collaboration with other engineers and participation in the on-call rotation are also expected. Experience in building and scaling cloud infrastructure, developing and debugging production systems at scale, operating and scaling Kubernetes clusters, and using infrastructure-as-code tools are desired. Familiarity with observability tools, hosting data stores at scale, and security hardening skills are considered nice-to-haves. The starting salary for this role ranges from $150,000 to $220,000 USD.
- Own Render's core infrastructure across multiple data centers and regions.
- Help offer unique capabilities to Render customers through infrastructure innovation.
- Plan and architect for rapidly increasing scale.
- Debug issues at all levels in our infrastructure stack.
- Improve the performance and reliability of our infrastructure through increased observability, load testing, and chaos engineering.
- Collaborate with other engineers to help keep our platform stable, predictable, and secure.
- Participate in our on-call rotation, with the rest of the engineering team.
- Experience building and scaling cloud infrastructure.
- Experience developing, maintaining, and debugging production systems at scale.
- Experience building, operating and scaling Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, Pulumi, and Ansible.
- Familiarity with observability tools like Datadog and SignalFx.
- Experience hosting PostgreSQL (or similar data stores) at scale.
- Security hardening skills, especially in the context of untrusted workloads.
- Experience building and scaling cloud infrastructure
- Experience developing, maintaining, and debugging production systems at scale
- Experience building, operating, and scaling Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, Pulumi, and Ansible
- Familiarity with observability tools like Datadog and SignalFx
- Experience hosting PostgreSQL (or similar data stores) at scale
- Security hardening skills, especially in the context of untrusted workloads
- Starting salary between $150,000 and $220,000 USD
- Equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows
- 4 weeks of paid vacation from day one
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent
- FSAs available
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Commuter benefits for Renders in the Bay Area
- Home office stipends for remote Renders
- Continuous learning benefits & related support
- Equal opportunity employer
- Reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.