This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
This role is for an engineer on the degrees team at Coursera, where you will be responsible for making learner-focused degrees from top universities accessible to millions of learners worldwide. The team's goal is to improve the time it takes to launch new degrees on Coursera, and you will be working closely with cross-functional teams to build data integrations, develop internal and end-user facing dashboards, and surface actionable insights. The ideal candidate should have experience in backend software engineering, designing scalable micro-services and storage layers, and using common frameworks and infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a mission-driven company and contribute to revolutionizing the way the world learns.
- Design and implement scalable & robust APIs and Systems
- Measure work thoroughly, analyze results, and generate hypotheses to drive new product changes through A/B testing
- Write and review technical documentation for the components owned by the team
- Develop and deploy high-quality code (in Java, Scale or similar languages) following industry best practices and track key service level indicators (SLIs)
- Debug and fix production issues, lead blameless retrospectives, and participate in the on-call rotation to ensure adherence to the service level agreements (SLAs)
- Collaborate and mentor team members, and contribute to teams' success improving processes
- 5+ years of experience working in a relevant backend software engineering role
- Expertise in designing highly-scalable and performant micro-services and storage layers using common frameworks, languages, and infrastructure (e.g. Java, Play/Scala, MySql, ElasticSearch, Kafka)
- Expertise in using managed cloud services
- Opportunity to be part of the founding team and shape the culture
- Work on impactful 0 to 1 products
- Access to world-class learning resources
- Opportunity to revolutionize the way the world learns
- Remote-first company with virtual interviews and onboarding
- Employment opportunities in any country where Coursera has a legal entity
- Compatible timezone overlap for seamless collaboration
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Opportunity to work with a globally diverse team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Opportunity to work on high-quality products and services
- Opportunity to work in a resource-constrained environment
- Equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.