This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Senior Data Analyst role at iSpot.tv is a high impact position focused on quality assurance of release analytics projects, data monitoring, and mentoring/training other analysts. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude, including expertise in SQL and proficiency in tools such as snowflake, redshift, and Python. They will also possess excellent communication and collaboration skills, be detail-oriented and proactive, and have the ability to navigate ambiguity and solve complex problems. Additionally, the Senior Data Analyst should demonstrate leadership qualities, flexibility, and adaptability. The target cash compensation range for this role is $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 USD annually.
- Mentor, train, and operate as a technical subject matter expert and thought leader for junior and mid-level analysts.
- Understand, inside and out, all data streams collected, calculated, and attributed by iSpot.
- Coordinate and lead testing efforts with other analysts. Design and implement testing plans for features, methodology updates, and net-new products. Build risk assessments, impact analyses, and test-plan reviews as part of the effort.
- Build data monitoring and test automation tools using either Python or Java. Conduct peer reviews on other team members' code and provide feedback to junior and mid-level analysts' SQL and Java/Python code.
- Conduct root cause analyses and investigate production data issues while collaborating with other teams.
- Identify procedures and scenarios for the quality control of products and services.
- Process product reviews and inform the development team of defects and errors.
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative findings from test results to the development team and product stakeholders.
- Monitor efforts to resolve product issues and track progress.
- Track quality assurance metrics, such as the number of issues and test coverage, and report status updates to stakeholders.
- Ensure that the final product satisfies the product requirements and meets end-user expectations.
- Spot areas for improvement to enhance the product's efficiency.
- Expert in SQL
- Proficient in snowflake, redshift, and python or similar tools
- Proven collaborator and communicator
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and proactive
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and deliver on-time
- Thrives working in complex environments with many internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and operating in the gray space
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sets a positive example for others by following high ethical standards
- Forward-thinking and considers long-term, strategic impact
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to new situations and changing priorities
- Competitive cash compensation range of $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 USD Annually
- Variable commission and annual bonus targets for eligible roles
- Eligibility to participate in iSpot's equity plan to receive stock options
- Eligibility for (pre-approved) overtime pay for non-exempt roles
- Hybrid and flexible workplace policy, allowing for full-time or part-time office-based or fully remote work depending on location and responsibilities
- Opportunity for a hybrid work schedule, working in the office some days and from home other days
- Equal opportunity employer, considering all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status
- Accessibility and reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the application or recruiting process
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.