This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this role is to join a newly built team at Zepz and help build a new Back Office platform. This platform will be used by the multi-brand operations team to support customers who are sending money transfers from 50 countries into 150+ markets worldwide. The role involves creating microservices-based, AWS-centric solutions, automating processes using various domains' APIs, and integrating with internal and external platforms. The ideal candidate should have strong experience in building APIs and services, extensive experience in Java and Kotlin, and experience working with Microservices and REST, gRPC, and GraphQL APIs.
- Write great code, ensuring readability, testability, and maintainability.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and other engineers to design and refine work.
- Contribute to the design and evolution of the technology platform.
- Take ownership of delivery, ensuring non-functional requirements such as scalability and uptime.
- Review and provide feedback on others' work to improve the codebase and skills.
- Share knowledge and insights with the team and actively participate in knowledge sharing activities.
- Build APIs and services.
- Strong experience in Java and Kotlin.
- Work with Microservices architecture.
- Work with REST, gRPC, and GraphQL APIs as both consumer and provider.
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
- Comfortable working with AWS and cloud-native platforms.
- Take initiative and solve problems proactively.
- Bonus points for knowledge of Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, AWS native services, CI/CD and IaaC tooling, and experience with databases (Relational and NoSQL).
- Unlimited annual leave or competitive holiday allowance.
- Option to opt-in for Private Medical Insurance.
- Pension schemes for retirement planning.
- Life assurance for peace of mind.
- Competitive parental leave schemes.
- Strong experience of building APIs and services
- Extensive experience in Java and Kotlin
- Experience working with Microservices
- Experience working with REST, gRPC, and GraphQL APIs (consumer and provider)
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Comfortable working with a Cloud Native platform hosted in AWS
- Bias for action and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Spring Boot and Spring Cloud (bonus)
- Knowledge of AWS native services (bonus)
- CI/CD and IaaC tooling experience: Jenkins, Terraform, ArgoCD (bonus)
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases (bonus)
- Unlimited Annual Leave
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Parental Leave
- Remote-first organization
- Workspaces available
- Secondary perks (cycle-to-work scheme, employee discounts)
- Fully distributed team
- Diversity in languages spoken
- Commitment to achieving vision and purpose
- Visa sponsorship available
- Use of Metaview for interviews
- Inclusive and supportive environment
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.