This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
As a leader in the Engineering team at Zepz, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring engineers, recruiting top talent, and creating a positive and high-performing environment. You will work closely with stakeholders and other engineers to design and refine projects, and have the opportunity to influence technology evolution. Additionally, you will take ownership of your team's deliveries, drive engineering excellence, and tackle open-ended problems. Strong experience in building scalable software products and a DevOps mindset are essential for this role.
- Develop, recruit, and retain engineering talent
- Work closely with stakeholders and other engineers to design and refine projects
- Influence technology evolution and improve with new technology capabilities
- Take ownership of team's deliveries beyond pushing code to production
- Lead by example and participate in engineering tasks
- Raise the bar of engineering excellence and contribute to engineering practices
- Invent, simplify, and prioritize tasks
- Extract the best from team members and create a great team
- Have experience with system design and architecture
- Support team towards becoming true owners of their product/platform
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders outside technology
- Have an open mind with respect to diversity and inclusivity
- Bonus points for experience at a scaling startup or in financial services/remittance products.
- Strong experience in building scalable and maintainable software products (backend services, APIs, frontends)
- Ability to extract the best from your people and create a great team
- Solid experience with system design and architecture
- Experience designing and transforming existing systems collaboratively to make them scalable, maintainable, and reliable
- DevOps mindset and ability to support the team in becoming true owners of their product/platform
- Ability to work well with Engineering and Product members and build effective relationships with stakeholders outside technology
- Open-mindedness and respect for diversity and inclusivity
- Bonus points for experience working at a scaling startup or with financial services/remittance products
- Familiarity with Java (SpringBoot and SpringCloud), Kotlin, Python, React (Typescript), React Native, iOS-SwiftUI, Android-Kotlin, AWS, GCP, CircleCI, ArgoCD, Jenkins, AzDO, Kubernetes, Terraform, API Gateway, Service Mesh Architecture, SQL, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL databases.
- Unlimited Annual Leave
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Parental Leave
- Remote-first work environment
- Free meals for on-site employees in the Philippines
- Secondary perks such as cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts
- Workspace availability in talent cluster locations
- Opportunity for visa sponsorship
- Inclusive and supportive work environment
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.