This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for the position of Principal Software Engineer, Platform at Legion is to be a senior member of the Platform Engineering team responsible for developing and evolving core capabilities that support the work of various product teams. The goal is to enable rapid feature delivery with a focus on scalability and performance. The role requires expertise in writing secure and efficient Java code, as well as knowledge of data modeling and relational databases. Familiarity with frameworks and technologies such as Spring Boot, Hibernate, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, and AWS is preferred.
- Responsible for the development and evolution of core software capabilities that underpin the work delivered by various product teams at Legion.
- Devise robust software solutions that enable product teams to rapidly deliver features in a scalable and performant manner.
- Write secure, efficient, enterprise-quality Java code, and have a deep understanding of the techniques and technologies that are necessary for scalability and performance.
- Design, build, and support key frameworks that are used by other engineering teams. Make data-driven technical decisions, and debug and solve complex technical problems.
- Identify and resolve ambiguities in requirements in consultation with the various stakeholders.
- Contribute to the long-term team charter and quarterly planning.
- Perform multi-tenant architecture. Involved with Reporting & Analytics Framework, and with Search & Caching framework.
- API and Partner Integration, and periodic platform and framework upgrades.
- Utilize expertise with Spring Boot, Hibernate, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, and AWS to successfully complete job duties. May telecommute.
- Position reports to HQ.
- Master's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 3 years of work experience as a Software Engineer, Development Expert, Systems Analyst, or a related occupation
- Deep understanding of techniques and technologies necessary for scalability and performance
- Knowledge and experience with data modeling and relational databases
- Proficiency in writing secure, efficient, enterprise-quality Java code
- Familiarity with Spring Boot, Hibernate, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, and AWS
- Ability to devise robust software solutions for rapid feature delivery
- Design and build key frameworks used by other engineering teams
- Debug and solve complex technical problems
- Identify and resolve ambiguities in requirements
- Contribute to long-term team charter and quarterly planning
- Experience with multi-tenant architecture, reporting and analytics framework, search and caching framework, API and partner integrations, and platform and framework upgrades
- Automation skills for onboarding new customers
- Fully remote work opportunity
- Competitive salary based on local, national, and industry-specific survey data
- Pay determined by factors such as location, experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills
- Room for future growth and higher pay for employees with a stronger skill set
- Equal opportunity employer
- Collection and use of personal information for recruitment and hiring purposes
- Sharing of personal information with internal personnel, vendors, and for legal and business transaction purposes
- Contact information for privacy inquiries
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.