This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this position is that MerchantE is seeking an Engineering Manager to work on their payment processing platform. They are looking for someone who is passionate about their work and embraces the ideals of software craftsmanship and Agile development practices. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for owning the quality of the product, collaborating with the Architecture and business teams, and providing hands-on development on AWS cloud solutions. They will also be responsible for managing the careers of their team members and providing coaching and training on the necessary technology stack for project development.
- Be a key participant in our Agile organization.
- Own the quality of the product, from code architecture to end-user quality.
- Be able to perform project discovery activities.
- Work closely with the Architecture team and business team to ensure the development teams are on the right path.
- Provides hands-on development on AWS cloud solutions.
- Engage in code reviews to ensure team members are contributing code that meets the short and long-term goals of our applications.
- Influence the technology choices for applications.
- Communicate context internally for the team and to the larger organization.
- Be able to troubleshoot any production issues.
- Own the careers of the individuals that report to you.
- Be able to pull together lean and Agile metrics.
- Should be capable of identifying risks and dependencies associated with SDLC for each of the project.
- Be able to identify resolution path for any blockers by actively engaging right person/department.
- Provide necessary coaching and training to the team on technology stack necessary for project development.
- Experience in working with Agile development practices
- Strong knowledge of code architecture and end-user quality
- Ability to perform project discovery activities
- Familiarity with AWS cloud solutions
- Proficiency in troubleshooting production issues
- Experience in managing and mentoring a team
- Ability to identify risks and dependencies in the software development life cycle
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to make technology choices for applications
- Capability to provide coaching and training on project development technology stack
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work with a talented and experienced team
- Chance to troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Ownership of team members' careers
- Exposure to lean and Agile metrics
- Identification of risks and dependencies in SDLC
- Ability to identify and resolve blockers
- Coaching and training on project development technology stack
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering required
- 8+ years of overall software development experience required
- 3+ years of experience leading Agile software development teams required
- Successful release of software products from ideation to production
- Hands-on coding experience in Java or any major OO language
- Development experience on AWS or any cloud platform
- Experience building teams in an Agile environment
- Previous experience separating team members from an organization
- Fundamental leadership skills
- Experience mentoring engineers in code, test, and culture
- Ability to intervene and let the team struggle when necessary
- Understanding of Agile estimation process
- Technical background and ability to ask the right questions
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.