This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Flock Safety is seeking an Engineering Manager to join their Device Software Engineering Team. In this role, you will lead a team of engineers in designing and developing cutting-edge embedded systems focused on Android-based devices and advanced networking technologies. Your responsibilities will include project planning and execution, custom Android device development, networking solutions integration, quality assurance and testing, and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have experience leading and managing a team of embedded engineers, a solid background in embedded systems development and Android OS customization, and proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++, Java, and Python.
- Provide strong leadership to the embedded engineering team, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Mentor and guide team members, helping them grow professionally and enhancing their technical skills.
- Set clear performance objectives, conduct regular performance evaluations, and identify areas for improvement and training.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project scope and requirements.
- Develop project plans, timelines, and resource allocation to meet project goals and deliverables.
- Track project progress, identify risks, and proactively address potential roadblocks to ensure successful project completion.
- Lead the design and development of embedded systems based on the Android operating system.
- Oversee the selection and integration of hardware components, ensuring seamless interactions with the Android OS.
- Drive the integration of advanced networking technologies into custom Android devices.
- Optimize network performance and reliability, ensuring seamless communication between devices and network infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the QA team to develop comprehensive testing strategies and ensure the delivery of high-quality products.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends, technologies, and industry best practices related to embedded systems and Android development.
- Implement process improvements and best practices to enhance the team's productivity and efficiency.
- Proven experience leading and managing a team of embedded engineers
- Solid background in embedded systems development and Android OS customization
- Extensive knowledge of networking protocols and technologies
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++, Java, and Python
- Familiarity with hardware components and their integration in custom Android devices
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound technical decisions
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Prior experience in developing and shipping custom Android-based products is a plus
- Salary & Equity: Starting salary of $200,000-$230,000 and stock options
- Use what you need PTO: 11 company holidays and birthday off
- Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: Medical, Dental, and Vision and HSA match
- Family Leave: 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- Fertility & Family Benefits: Reimbursement of $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility
- Mental Health: Annual subscription to Headspace
- Caregiver Support: Partnership with Cariloop for caregiver support
- Carta Tax Advisor: 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors
- WFH Stipend: $150 per month for working from home
- L&D Stipend: $250 per year for Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly, etc.
- Home Office Stipend: One-time $750 to create a home office
- Coworking Space: $250 per month for All Access Membership to WeWork or local coworking space
- Pet Insurance: Partnership with Pumpkin for insurance for employees' pets
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.