This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Flock Safety is seeking an Android Application Engineer to join their Device software team. The team is responsible for developing code for various devices used by Flock in real-world scenarios. The engineer will be responsible for feature development, ensuring high-quality deliverables, writing automatable code, and collaborating with other engineers and stakeholders. Senior candidates will have additional responsibilities such as leading projects, identifying new features, and mentoring other engineers. Preferred skills include camera, video, and image processing, as well as proficiency in Kotlin programming and Android application development.
- Take responsibility for a feature or module and deliver with high quality.
- Be responsible for a certain amount of QA/quality of your work.
- Write automatable code.
- Documentation of work, test cases, and ability to interact with program, product, QA, and other engineers.
- Estimation of work within reasonable accuracy and ability to communicate adjustments.
- Assist in supporting issues reported in the field.
- For senior candidates:
- Be able to lead a project or work with other team members.
- Work with product and TPMs to architect, break down work, and drive large features to completion.
- Be able to negotiate features and schedules.
- Identify and be a proponent of new features that will be beneficial to Flock.
- Identify deficiencies in product, processes, and improve upon them.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Give tech talks.
- Preferred skills around camera, video, gstreamer, ffmpeg, image processing.
- Kotlin programming skills or strong java skills with the ability to learn kotlin and get up to speed quickly.
- NDK and C/C++.
- Very knowledgeable on Android application development, methodologies, design patterns.
- Ability to read through a large existing codebase and adapt quickly.
- Have worked custom Android devices or ability to.
- Have worked on other mobile application frameworks.
- Strong debugging skills and debugging on custom Android HW.
- Architecture, design, documentation.
- JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Gerrit, Git/GitHub.
- Preferred skills around camera, video, gstreamer, ffmpeg, image processing
- Kotlin programming skills or strong Java skills with the ability to learn Kotlin quickly
- NDK and C/C++
- Very knowledgeable on Android application development, methodologies, design patterns
- Ability to read through a large existing codebase and adapt quickly
- Experience working with custom Android devices
- Experience with other mobile application frameworks
- Strong debugging skills and debugging on custom Android hardware
- Architecture, design, documentation
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Gerrit, Git/GitHub
- Salary & Equity: Starting salary of $155,000-$190,000 and stock options
- Use what you need PTO: 11 company holidays and birthday off
- Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: Medical, Dental, and Vision and HSA match
- Family Leave: 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- Fertility & Family Benefits: Reimbursement of $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility
- Mental Health: Annual subscription to Headspace
- Caregiver Support: Partnership with Cariloop to provide caregiver support
- Carta Tax Advisor: 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors
- WFH Stipend: $150 per month for working from home
- L&D Stipend: $250 per year for Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly, etc.
- Home Office Stipend: One-time $750 to create a home office
- Coworking Space: $250 per month for All Access Membership to WeWork or local coworking space
- Pet Insurance: Partnership with Pumpkin for insurance coverage for employees' pets
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.