This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Duolingo is seeking a mixed-method research leader to run the UX Research function. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing and leading a talented, diverse, and inclusive team of UX Researchers and leaders who consistently deliver high-quality products. They will also collaborate closely with leaders in other functions to ensure that product areas are both planning well and hitting their metrics, and set the vision for how UX Research continues to be a trusted and strategic partner for important company, product, and design decisions. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience as a people manager at a similarly fast-paced or later-stage tech company with experience managing managers, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an understanding and appreciation for the accurate application of data and metrics in UX Research.
- Grow and lead a talented, diverse, inclusive team of UX Researchers and leaders who consistently deliver high-quality products
- Mentor and develop the skills, talents, and careers of the UX Researchers and UX Research Managers on your team, coaching them to success and impact
- Collaborate closely with leaders in other functions (Product and Engineering) to ensure that product areas are both planning well and hitting their metrics
- Set the vision for how UX Research continues to be a trusted and strategic partner for important company, product, and design decisions
- Be a tireless advocate for research influence and research priorities
- Build a thriving culture where UX Researchers do high-quality work and uphold our outstanding product experience
- Design and scale the organization, partnering closely with Leadership and Recruiting on headcount budgeting and forecasting
- 5+ years of experience as a people manager at a similarly fast paced or later-stage tech company with experience managing managers
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding for your team, as well as spotting promising research talent
- Consistent track record of effectively managing people, including developing talent on your teams and recruiting a diverse team that reflects our learners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that lead to effective and concrete output
- Experience defining and influencing product strategy
- An understanding and appreciation for the accurate application of data and metrics in UX Research
- Attention to detail and a focus on excellence
- A strong appreciation for and experience working closely with Product Design, Design Operations, and Product Management
- Worked at a company with very high design standards
- Experience managing both quantitative and qualitative UX Researchers
This is some text inside of a div block.