This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Ahrefs is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join their team in Singapore. The role involves researching, prototyping, deploying, and maintaining information retrieval and search systems. The ideal candidate should have a Master's degree in a quantitative discipline, experience with search, information retrieval, and natural language processing, and proficiency in Python, SQL, Git, and CI/CD. The company offers a competitive compensation package, an informal and thriving work atmosphere, and first-class workplace equipment.
- Research, prototype, build and maintain systems for information retrieval, search, document classification, and Q&A
- Create comprehensive product requirements together with Product Development, Design and Marketing teams
- Work closely with the Engineering teams (frontend and backend) to implement, deploy, and maintain production systems
- Write thorough documentation
- Effectively communicate highly technical results to various teams
- Preferably at least a Master’s degree in any quantitative discipline: Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, etc.
- Experience with search, information retrieval, and natural language processing is a must
- Experience with streaming algorithms and applications
- Experience in Python, SQL (clickhouse dialect is a plus), Git, CI/CD
- Experience with (at least one) deep learning framework: TensorFlow, Pytorch, Theano
- Experience with big data platforms such as Spark and Hadoop
- Experience with lucene-based search engines: Solr and/or Elasticsearch
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with functional languages such as OCaml or Haskell is a big plus
- Competitive compensation package
- Informal and thriving work atmosphere
- First-class workplace equipment (hardware & tools)
- Perks and fringe benefits