This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Ahrefs is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join their team in Singapore. The role involves researching, prototyping, deploying, and maintaining various systems for information retrieval and search systems. The ideal candidate should have a Master's degree in a quantitative discipline, at least three years of hands-on experience in search, information retrieval, NLP/CV, and knowledge of statistics, machine learning algorithms, and DL models. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are also required.
- Research, prototype, build, evaluate and maintain systems for information retrieval, search
- Create comprehensive product requirements together with Product Development, Design and Marketing teams
- Work closely with the Engineering teams (frontend and backend) to implement, deploy, and maintain production systems
- Write thorough documentation
- Effectively communicate highly technical results to various teams
- Preferably at least a Master’s degree in any quantitative discipline: Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, etc.
- Preferably at least three (3) years of hands-on experience in search, information retrieval, NLP/CV
- Experience in C/C++, Python, SQL (clickhouse dialect is a plus), Git, CI/CD
- Knowledge of fundamentals in statistics (linear algebra), machine learning algorithms (supervised classification / regression / LTR, unsupervised KNN / clustering) and DL models (LLM family, multimodal transformers etc).
- Experience with ML model building, evaluation and inference with libraries such as TensorFlow, Caffe, Pytorch, or Theano. Experience in solving CV/NLP (or multimodal), LTR, IR (e.g. candidate generation) or recommender tasks is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive compensation package
- Informal and thriving work atmosphere
- First-class workplace equipment (hardware & tools)
- Perks and fringe benefits