This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Controls Engineer - PLC role at Faraday Future involves working with a team of talented individuals to support equipment development, both in-house and outsourced, as well as refining existing automation equipment. The main focus of the role is to ensure consistent factory automation across all suppliers and to maintain smooth operation without any downtime. The responsibilities include tasks such as developing electrical control panels, writing and debugging PLC ladder logic, implementing safety systems, and creating machine interactions with the Manufacturing Execution System. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in controls and automation, programming skills, and familiarity with relevant standards and technologies.
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and balance product specifications, process control requirements, layout complexity, cost, quality, and lead-time limits.
- Lay out new industrial electrical control panels that are NFPA79/NEC/UL508A compliant and create electrical, pneumatic, and fluid schematics.
- Architect, write, and debug PLC ladder logic with an emphasis on generating organized, structured, documented, maintainable, and reusable code.
- Implement control reliable safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other high-volume manufacturing equipment.
- Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex machinery while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting.
- Manage electrical cabinet builds, field wiring, pneumatic and fluid plumbing.
- Select and size electrical and electromechanical components such as servos.
- Introduce automated processes into production and train Maintenance and Production Teams to support after deployment.
- Create machine interactions with plant-wide Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to communicate product acceptability, machine status, and process variables.
- Participate in specification and standard creation, release to Vendor, and quote technical evaluation for outsourced automation equipment development.
- Enforce application of standards and manage suppliers during specification, design review, and design approval.
- Establish test plans and control test plan execution at Vendor and at the factory during installation and buy-off for outsourced automation equipment development.
- Characterize and validate new automated process equipment for deployment into production for outsourced automation equipment development.
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize cycle time, improve availability, and yield for existing automation equipment refinement.
- Characterize and validate automated processes using a data-driven approach such as simulation, Capacity and Capability statistical test for existing automation equipment refinement.
- Create detailed utility layouts for entire assembly lines and interface with facilities teams for implementation for existing automation equipment refinement.
- Create data management and tracking communications network architecture and interface with cross-functional teams for product, processes, and quality traceability control implementation for existing automation equipment refinement.
- Provide technical support to end users on the shop floor and work collaboratively with the headquarters factory software team to maintain data/system integrity.
- Take pride in hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Appreciate an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed, and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility.
- Look forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent training and education
- 4+ years of experience in controls and automation
- Proven knowledge + expertise, and passion for factory automation
- Top-notch programming skills
- Strong familiarity with Siemens TIA Portal
- PLC and Safety PLC experience
- Fieldbus Networking experience (Ethernet i/p, ProfiNET....)
- Familiarity with electrical prints for industrial equipment
- Proven expertise with Ignition by Inductive Automation
- In-depth knowledge of Electrical Standards (NFPA79, National Electric code, UL508A)
- In-depth knowledge of Safety standards (ANSI/RIA15.06, OSHA)
- Advanced proficiency programming industrial equipment
- Equity grants for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- "Soul of Faraday" community outreach team
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.