This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this role is located under the heading "About the role". The overview describes the challenge of building user-facing abstractions that make simple and complex application deployments possible, with a focus on user experience. As a Backend Engineer at Render, the candidate will take complete ownership of projects across the entire stack and should have experience building products across the stack and have a keen understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple backend languages. The section also lists potential projects the candidate might work on, such as enabling Render's clusters to run on other clouds and eventually in their own data-centers, creating an effortless serverless abstraction on Render, and building a managed MySQL product for Render users.
- Take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack
- Build the right user-facing abstractions that make simple application deployments effortless and complex application deployments possible
- Enable Render's clusters to run on other clouds and eventually in our own data-centers
- Allow users to connect Render resources with their private networks in existing public cloud infrastructure
- Create an effortless serverless abstraction on Render and enable per-request billing for containerized resources
- Build a managed MySQL product for Render users
- Use machine learning to optimize container scheduling and save resources while keeping user workloads responsive
- Add Bitbucket integration to Render
- Build out Render's CLI and make the user dashboard even better
- Create open source projects and documentation in multiple languages and frameworks to demo Render's features.
- Candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn are preferred
- Experience building products across the stack and understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple backend languages
- Ability to take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack
- Experience shipping software and working with multiple programming languages
- Curious by nature and an impressively quick learner
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently across the stack
- Starting salary for the role is between $140,000 and $190,000 USD, depending on factors such as work experience and transferable skills, business needs and impact, and market demands
- Eligible for equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows
- 4 weeks of paid vacation from day one
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent, with FSAs available
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly commuter stipend for Bay Area employees, and a home office stipend for remote employees
- Continuous learning benefits and related support
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.