This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Method is seeking an Associate Director of Product Design who will lead product design projects and guide a team of product designers. The role involves collaborating with clients, conducting concept explorations, prototyping, and ongoing iteration of products. The Associate Director will also be responsible for fostering a culture of curiosity, practicing responsible design, and playing a leadership role in agile and lean product development. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in digital product design and team management, with a focus on creating beautiful, useful, and usable product experiences.
- Design converged, multi channel solutions with different disciplines in a highly collaborative environment
- Lead multidisciplinary teams through complex projects
- Collaborate on and influence the different stages of a digital product—this includes product definition, user research efforts, development & QA
- Lead teams and have invaluable individual contribution in the creation of design artifacts including initial concepts, prototypes, detailed designs etc.
- Impact Method through common missions that better serve our projects, our people and the world at large
- Practice responsible design (accessible and inclusive)
- Foster a culture of curiosity on projects
- Play a design leadership role in agile and/or lean product development
- Demonstrated success in launching digital products and services
- 1+ year team management experience
- 7+ years experience in digital product design from consultancies, inhouse environments, etc.
- Undergraduate and/or Masters Degree in Design [product, visual/interaction] or equivalent professional experience
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, product managers, etc. as it pertains to developing digital products
- A strong, empathetic leader on projects
- A portfolio that reflects strengths in both UX and visual design skills
- Demonstrated mastery of common design tools (Figma, Sketch, etc.)
- Bonus points for front end development design skills and low
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)