This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for the Application Support Analyst position at Ariel Investments is that the role involves providing investment application support across all areas of the Ariel business. The analyst will be responsible for troubleshooting technical issues, providing user support and training, monitoring application performance, maintaining documentation, conducting testing, and identifying opportunities for process and system improvements. The ideal candidate should have a strong technical aptitude, problem-solving skills, experience in application support and incident management, and knowledge of programming languages. A proactive attitude, strong analytical skills, and willingness to learn new technologies are also desired.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues reported by end-users related to the supported applications
- Provide technical support and guidance to end-users in utilizing applications effectively
- Offer training sessions or create documentation to assist users in understanding application functionalities and best practices
- Monitor application performance and proactively identify potential issues or bottlenecks
- Optimize application performance to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and user expectations
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of application issues, troubleshooting steps, resolutions, and user guides
- Conduct testing of new application releases or updates to ensure compatibility and stability with existing systems and configurations
- Identify opportunities for process and system improvements to enhance user experience and reduce the frequency of application-related incidents
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with application support, troubleshooting, and incident management.
- Knowledge of programming languages and scripting (e.g., SQL, Java, Python) is advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with end-users and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Proactive attitude towards identifying and addressing potential issues.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze application logs and data to diagnose problems.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methodologies.
- Knowledge in Order Management Systems (CRD, XIP, etc..), accounting systems (Eagle Pace).
- Experience with SAP products Business Objects, Data Services.
- Knowledge of SQL and database management systems.
- Familiarity with business applications Paycom, SAGE, StarCompliance, etc.
- Coverage for same-sex partner (domestic or spouse)
- Coverage for children (natural born, step, adopted or foster)
- Fully paid medical insurance that covers fertility treatments, gender affirmation
- Employer contributions to a Health Savings Account
- Maternity leave at 100% pay (12 weeks)
- Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks depending on tenure)
- Flexible Your Time Off policy
- Hybrid work model – in office 3 days a week Tuesday through Thursday (occasional business needs may require being in the office on a remote day)
- Access to Ariel-sponsored educational, training, and recreational activities.