This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Global Equities Trader position at Ariel Investments is responsible for direct trading in equity and foreign exchange markets globally. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Head Trader, the trader will also monitor account compliance with investment guidelines and collaborate with various departments within the firm. The role requires expertise in trade modeling and execution, as well as knowledge of major stocks and markets. The trader will also be involved in analyzing trade execution, providing market insights, and conducting portfolio analysis. This is a global trading desk role with flexibility for remote work.
- Modeling and generating trades from instructions received via Portfolio Managers on email or phone, utilizing an OMS, Charles River Investment Management Solution (“CRIMS”).
- Comprehension of restrictions monitoring rules employing the OMS compliance engine.
- Executing equity trades in developed and emerging markets for multiple strategies, as well as currency (spot and forward) trades while monitoring and managing cashflows and positions.
- Responsible for analyzing trade execution and TCA review with the investment team.
- Synthesizing and debriefing Portfolio Manager(s) on both Macro and Micro news-flow and developments in all Global markets (DM, EM & FM) or investment topics of interest.
- Reviewing and negotiating new Client Onboarding requirements and investment guidelines/restrictions while collaborating with the multiple departments as well as entering and testing all restrictions.
- Conducting portfolio, security, or macro-level analysis on an as-needed basis (pre and post trade), including but not limited to performance attribution, risk or factor exposures, portfolio simulations, etc.
- Role is on a global trading desk that includes real-time trading in international markets on a rotating basis, with remote-work flexibility based on hours of coverage.
- Providing input to Standing Committees on Risk, Soft Dollar, Pricing, Proxy, and Trading Oversight.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience trading global equities and foreign exchange (trade modeling and execution), preferably on the buy-side.
- Knowledge of major stocks and markets in ACWI benchmark and understanding of technical factors including charts and news-flow affecting equity securities and currencies is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of currency trading and hedging with spot and forwards.
- Experience with derivative instruments and alternative investments a plus.
- Experience with CRIMS OMS for trading equities and foreign exchange a plus.
- Experience executing foreign exchange on FX Connect a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills and fluency in Bloomberg, Excel, and Order Management Systems.
- Fully paid medical insurance that covers fertility treatments and gender affirmation
- Coverage for same-sex partner (domestic or spouse)
- Coverage for children (natural born, step, adopted or foster)
- Employer contributions to a Health Savings Account
- Maternity leave at 100% pay (12 weeks)
- Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks depending on tenure)
- Flexible Your Time Off policy
- Hybrid work model – in office 3 days a week Tuesday through Thursday (occasional business needs may require being in the office on a remote day)
- Access to Ariel-sponsored educational, training, and recreational activities.
This is some text inside of a div block.