This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking an IT Service Desk Manager to join our Internal Platform Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the IT Service Desk function, personnel, and systems. Your duties will include overseeing global IT Service Desk operations, ensuring exceptional customer service, and collaborating with peers and departments to effectively manage the operation. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining departmental analytics, serving as an escalation point for IT customer issues, and implementing industry best practices for the IT Service Desk organization. This role is based in Santa Ana, CA.
- Oversees the global IT Service Desk operations to ensure exceptional customer service and coordinate and supervise corporate IT engineers located in CA, NJ, China, and Japan.
- Works closely and collaboratively with peers and across departments to effectively manage the IT Service Desk operation.
- Provides support in all areas of provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT client systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Ensures timely completion of service and support requests and maintains departmental analytics for continued improvement.
- Serves as an escalation point for IT customer issues.
- Provides oversight for the IT Service Desk incident tracking system, problems, and knowledge base, addressing any issues and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Ensures IT Service Desk Tickets are updated in a timely manner.
- Builds relationships and trust and facilitates a communication framework with customers, business departments, and vendors.
- Develops/defines and implements Service Level Agreement (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and periodic reports for the IT Service Desk.
- Gathers and records applicable data and manages toward IT Service Desk KPIs and SLAs.
- Develops and regularly publishes analytics to measure IT Service Desk productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures adherence to defined IT policies and provides support for both internal and external compliance audits.
- Designs, documents, trains, and supports new procedures focusing on increased efficiency.
- Drives and instills continuous improvement discipline within IT and in the business. Strives to identify opportunities to reduce the overall cost to serve and operate new solutions.
- Implements industry best practices for IT Service Desk organization, processes, reporting, response times, and satisfaction.
- Makes recommendations regarding service desk hardware and software acquisitions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of operational and managerial experience in IT client/end-user support and in IT Infrastructure
- 5+ years of IT Service Desk management experience
- Experience managing a service desk in multiple global locations
- Deep technical background in IT Infrastructure and IT Operations including Microsoft products, Microsoft operating systems, Google Workspace, Okta, Atlassian Jira, Slack, Apple Mac computers and Apple devices, Office 365 application, Implementation of ITIL ITSM framework and best practices, and General IT Networking and Server/Storage Operations
- Customer-focused, with an ability to understand and manage customer expectations
- Experience with ITSM best practices and ITIL standards; ITIL Foundations certification preferred
- Experience using metrics to make data-driven decisions
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with diverse groups of people
- Understanding of overall business and IT strategy and ability to develop solutions with management at all levels
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and support/drive issues to resolution, including root cause analysis
- Familiarity with creating technical documentation
- Experience in supporting
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) Matching Plan: Competitive matching plan for future financial goals
- Vacation: Paid vacation for full-time employees
- Holiday Pay: Nine company-paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Discounts on select grading services
- Flexible Hours: Options for flexible schedules and shifts
- Fun Working Environment: Participation in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
This is some text inside of a div block.