This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Riverside Research is seeking a Scientist or Engineer with a background in machine learning and artificial intelligence to join their Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Lab. The role involves modeling human behavior and formal methods for cognitive modeling, with a focus on providing solutions to the Defense and Intelligence Communities. The scientist or engineer will work on corporate-wide research and development efforts, manage existing contracts, and collaborate with team members in multiple office locations. This position offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and experts in the field, while contributing to independent research and development projects. US citizenship is required for all Riverside Research opportunities.
- Provide technical direction, task-level technical leadership, and research and development skills for corporate-wide IR&D efforts in machine learning and artificial intelligence, with a focus on modeling human behavior and formal methods for cognitive modeling.
- Develop forecasting or predictive models of behavior using multiple kinds of data and at various levels of analysis.
- Assist in developing project roadmaps based on internal and external customer needs, science and technology trends, and overall corporate strategic plans.
- Foster and participate in a collaborative environment for multidisciplinary research and development.
- Assist in executing work for and pursuing business with government research organizations, including DARPA, IARPA, and service labs.
- Interact with funders to demonstrate capabilities and prepare proposals, white papers, demos, and presentations.
- Work with team members in multiple office locations.
- Understand, apply, and contribute to state-of-the-art AI/ML techniques, especially those focused on human behavior modeling or forecasting, by publishing and presenting research results.
- Conduct research in state-of-the-art artificial intelligence/machine learning projects focused on human behavior and cognitive modeling.
- Demonstrate ability to work in coding environments and deliver prototypes using multi-level data-informed human behavior models.
- Code in a variety of integrated development environments and learn new programming skills as required.
- Write and speak about research and development results with various audiences, including academic peers and potential funders.
- Collaborate with diverse teams/programs in multiple locations.
- Work on projects for US Government or DoD research and development agencies (preferred).
- Maintain the highest integrity and moral compass as a collaborative team member.
- Have experience in working with flexible and fast run-time languages (a plus).
- Have experience with formal methods for cognitive modeling such as ACT-R or SOAR (a plus).
- Have experience with theory of mind and other modeling approaches (a plus).
- Hold an active TS/SCI clearance (preferred).
- Possess a PhD degree (preferred).
- US Citizen / Clearable (ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance)
- Training or certificates in an AI/ML related field: Computer Science, Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, Physics, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Psychology.
- 3+ years of relevant AI/ML experience required.
- Ability to conduct research in state of art artificial intelligence / machine learning projects focused on human behavior and cognitive modeling related to:
- Image and signal classification using Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN) and other deep learning networks
- Adversarial AI – methods to attack/protect AI/ML algorithms
- Neuromorphic computing – Spiking Neural Networks (SNN), Intel Loihi and FPGA instantiations
- Human-computer interaction and virtual/augmented reality to assist complex tasking
- Demonstrated ability to work in coding environments and deliver prototypes revolving around the use of multi-level data-informed human behavior models.
- Ability to code in a variety of integrated development environments and to learn new programming skills as required.
- Experience with flexible and fast run-time languages a plus.
- Experience with formal methods for cognitive modeling such as ACT-R or SOAR a plus, as is experience with theory of mind and other modeling approaches.
- Ability to write and speak about research and development results with a variety of audiences, including academic peers and potential funders.
- Some experience working on projects for US Government or DoD research and development agencies.
- Collaborative team member with the highest integrity and moral compass.
- Some experience in working with diverse teams/programs in multiple locations.
- Preferred: Active TS/SCI clearance
- Preferred: PhD degree
- Reinvestment of annual profits in independent research and development projects, community outreach initiatives, and employee benefits that exceed the industry average
- Opportunity to work with a broad variety of experts in cutting-edge engineering and research disciplines
- Personalized attention from Riverside Research senior managers
- Ability to work out of multiple office locations (Dayton OH, Centreville VA, or Lexington MA)
- Opportunity to provide technical direction and task-level technical leadership in machine learning and artificial intelligence projects
- Collaboration in a multidisciplinary research and development environment
- Opportunity to pursue and grow business with government research organizations
- Opportunity to work on state-of-the-art AI/ML techniques focused on human behavior modeling or forecasting
- Ability to publish and present research results
- Possibility of obtaining and maintaining a TS/SCI security clearance
- Opportunity to work on projects for US Government or DoD research and development agencies
- Collaborative team environment
- Opportunity to work with diverse teams/programs in multiple locations
- Positive and rewarding employee experience
- Equal opportunity employer without discrimination based on race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.