This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Riverside Research is seeking a Scientist or Engineer with a background in machine learning and artificial intelligence to join their Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Lab. The Lab performs research and development focused on providing solutions to the Defense and Intelligence Communities. The scientist or engineer will execute as well as assist in growing opportunities with government research organizations, perform on corporate-wide Independent Research & Development efforts in artificial intelligence and machine learning, manage existing R&D contracts, and transition technology into other business units. The job duties include providing technical direction, task-level technical leadership, and research and development skills for corporate-wide IR&D efforts in machine learning and artificial intelligence, fostering and participating in a collaborative environment for multidisciplinary research and development, and assisting in executing work for and pursuing and growing business with government research organizations. The position can work out of Dayton OH, Centreville VA or Lexington MA location.
- Provide technical direction, task-level technical leadership, and research and development skills for corporate-wide IR&D efforts in machine learning and artificial intelligence, especially projects which require a more detailed understanding or formal modeling of human behavior.
- Foster and participate in a collaborative environment for multidisciplinary research and development.
- Assist in executing work for and pursuing and growing business with government research organizations including DARPA, IARPA, and service labs.
- Work with team members in 4 office locations.
- Understand, apply and contribute to state of the art AI/ML techniques, especially those focused on human behavior modeling or forecasting, by publishing and presenting research results.
- US Citizen / Clearable (ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance)
- Training or certificates in an AI/ML related field: Computer Science, Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, Physics, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Psychology
- 3+ years of relevant AI/ML experience required
- Ability to conduct research in state of art artificial intelligence / machine learning projects focused on human behavior and cognitive modeling related to: Image and signal classification using Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN) and other deep learning networks, Adversarial AI – methods to attack/protect AI/ML algorithms, Neuromorphic computing – Spiking Neural Networks (SNN), Intel Loihi and FPGA instantiations, Human-computer interaction and virtual/augmented reality to assist complex tasking
- Demonstrated ability to work in coding environments and deliver prototypes revolving around the use of multi-level data-informed human behavior models
- Ability to code in a variety of integrated development environments and to learn new programming skills as required
- Experience with flexible and fast run-time languages a plus
- Experience with formal methods for cognitive modeling such as ACT-R or SOAR a plus, as is experience with theory of mind and other modeling approaches
- Ability to write and speak about research and development results with a variety of audiences, including academic peers and potential funders
- Some experience working on projects for US Government or DoD research and development agencies
- Collaborative team member with the highest integrity and moral compass
- Some experience in working with diverse teams/programs in multiple locations
- Active TS/SCI clearance preferred
- PhD degree preferred
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.