This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
This position is for a remote Account Executive with ScienceLogic, a leading AIOps software company based in Reston, VA. The ideal candidate should have 5-10 years of direct IT Operations Management (ITOM) or related sales experience, with a focus on engaging with thought leaders responsible for IT Modernization in the Public Sector. The role involves identifying sales opportunities, developing account plans, coordinating proofs of concepts, and managing customer and partner expectations. The candidate should have a proven ability to close seven-figure software deals and a track record of quota achievement.
- Use outstanding communication skills combined with industry and company knowledge to identify sales opportunities and articulate ScienceLogic’s vision and strategy, while showing its business value and impact to customers.
- Directly engage Federal thought leaders as they drive IT Modernization.
- Develop and communicate your account plan(s).
- Coordinate execution of proofs of concepts, partner enablement plans and proposed deliverables.
- Set and manage appropriate customer and partner expectations regarding the proposed solution from presale, sale and through to post-delivery.
- Develop a sales opportunity pipeline and drive revenues equal to or beyond your assigned quota using Meddic, our structured sales methodology.
- Identify potential clients and engage them through face to face engagement, telemarketing, cold calling, social networking, and other business forums.
- Build and maintain close relationships with key decision makers, technology thought leaders, and business/mission stakeholders to understand needs and priorities of the organization.
- Understand market trends and interpret data relevant to our initiatives.
- Develop and identify competitive strategies and sales plays that create opportunity for ScienceLogic and the partners.
- Engage with all levels of the organization and within cross-functional teams to manage deal pipeline and close business.
- Proven Account Executive with at least 5-10 years of direct IT Operations Management (ITOM) or related sales experience
- Experience hunting/selling direct to the DoD and/or with Systems Integrators, Channel Partners, and select OEM's
- Outstanding communication skills
- Knowledge of industry and company to identify sales opportunities and articulate ScienceLogic's vision and strategy
- Ability to engage Federal thought leaders driving IT Modernization
- Development and communication of account plans
- Coordination of proofs of concepts, partner enablement plans, and proposed deliverables
- Setting and managing customer and partner expectations
- Use of Meddic sales methodology to develop a sales opportunity pipeline and drive revenues
- Ability to identify potential clients and engage them through various methods (face to face, telemarketing, cold calling, social networking)
- Building and maintaining relationships with key decision makers, technology thought leaders, and business/mission stakeholders
- Understanding market trends and interpreting relevant data
- Developing competitive strategies and sales plays
- Engaging with cross-functional teams to manage deal pipeline and close business
- Proven ability to do seven-figure software deals
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in IT, business, or related field
- Successful track record of hunter sales experience
- Existing relationships with government decision makers and thought leaders
- Strong business acumen to demonstrate how ScienceLogic solutions meet customer's business goals
- Experience working with customers, sales personnel, and customer service
- Extensive experience managing execution of sales plan revenue targets, forecast accuracy, and responsible use of company resources
- Ability to drive, track, and close sales opportunities within assigned territory
- High level of ethical standards in all business activities
- Experience using Salesforce
- Demonstrated consistent track record of quota achievement and overachievement
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO) so that you can take the time that you need to re-energize.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - take two days off per calendar year to volunteer with your preferred charitable organization.
- 5-year Service Milestone Sabbatical.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- Pet insurance.
- HQ Office centrally located in Reston Town Center featuring a well-stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages, and catered lunch on Thursdays.
- Regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
This is some text inside of a div block.