Carnegie Robotics is a leading provider of advanced robotics sensors and platforms for defense, agriculture, mining, infrastructure and energy applications. CRL was founded by Dr. John Bares and several colleagues in May 2010 as a spinout of Carnegie Mellon University’s National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC), the world’s premier research and development organization for advanced field robotics, machine vision and autonomy. Dr. Bares recognized that field robotics markets would not reach their potential until companies emerged who could effectively engineer, manufacture, supply and support the critical sensors, software and components that form robotic systems.
Carnegie Robotics is dedicated to developing advanced robotics solutions that empower industries and organizations to enhance their operational efficiency, safety, and productivity. With a strong focus on innovation and collaboration, the company strives to create cutting-edge robotic technologies that address real-world challenges across various sectors, including agriculture, defense, and mining. By fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement, Carnegie Robotics aims to revolutionize the way humans and machines work together, ultimately driving positive change and growth in the tech industry.
- Innovation: Carnegie Robotics values innovation and encourages employees to think outside the box to create cutting-edge technology solutions.
- Collaboration: Collaboration is key at Carnegie Robotics, where teamwork and communication are essential to achieving success.
- Quality: Carnegie Robotics is committed to producing high-quality products and services that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Integrity: Carnegie Robotics operates with integrity, honesty, and transparency in all business dealings and interactions.
- Continuous Improvement: Carnegie Robotics strives for continuous improvement in all aspects of the company, from product development to customer service.
President & CEO
Chief Technical Officer