Skydio is a drone manufacturer that uses artificial intelligence to create flying drones that are used by consumers, enterprises, and government customers. It develops AI-powered drones to deliver the power and flying cameras without the complexity. The company's drones use an array of cameras and proprietary computer vision technology to recognize, avoid objects in real-time, and predict into the future to make intelligent decisions, enabling users by flying themselves through the most demanding tasks or keeping them safe from obstacles when they want to take control. The company's debut drone, the R1, could track a target and film them while avoiding obstacles without any human intervention required. Then the company released the Skydio 2 in 2019, its second drone, cutting off more than half the price while improving it its autonomous tracking and video capabilities. Its flagship product, the X2, is equipped with seven cameras, 100x zoom, night vision, and promises to turn ordinary users into expert pilots thanks to its self-piloting abilities. It is backed by top investors and strategic partners including Andreessen Horowitz, Linse Capital, Next47, IVP, Playground, NVIDIA, and UP.Partners. Abraham Bachrach, Adam Bry, and Matt Donahoe founded Klarna in Redwood City, California in 2014.
Skydio's core mission is centered around revolutionizing the drone industry by developing cutting-edge autonomous flight technology. Their primary objective is to create intelligent, easy-to-use drones that can navigate complex environments without human intervention, empowering users across various industries to capture valuable data and insights. By harnessing the power of artificial intelligence and advanced robotics, Skydio aims to redefine the possibilities of aerial data collection and transform the way people interact with drones, ultimately enhancing safety, efficiency, and productivity.
- Competitive annual base salary ranges
- Eligibility to enroll in Skydio's benefit plans
- Variety of incentives and stipends
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- E-Verify for employment eligibility verification in the United States
- Autonomy: Skydio is dedicated to advancing the field of autonomous systems, fostering a culture of innovation and pushing the boundaries of what's possible in drone technology.
- Teamwork: Skydio emphasizes the importance of collaboration and open communication, valuing diverse perspectives and encouraging employees to work together to achieve common goals.
- Customer focus: Skydio is committed to delivering exceptional products and experiences for its customers, prioritizing their needs and striving for continuous improvement in all aspects of the business.
- Integrity: Skydio operates with a strong sense of ethics and responsibility, holding itself and its employees to high standards of honesty, transparency, and accountability.
- Empowerment: Skydio believes in empowering its employees to take ownership of their work, providing opportunities for growth, development, and the freedom to make meaningful contributions to the company's mission.
Chief Executive Officer