In this internship you will not only get a chance to be a part of an early-stage startup (<10 people), but also get to help support thousands of job seekers. You will also learn job search and career development skills that will be useful throughout your entire career.
- Start Date: June 6th
- End Date: Flexible depending on schedule
- Number of hours: 30 hours per week
- Fee: $15 per hour
- The Marketing Intern will work directly with the marketing team on a few major projects and campaigns throughout the summer while assisting with day-to-day marketing efforts and operations. The role will report into our Head of Brand & Content Marketing.
- Our summer interns will integrate into our small but mighty team by joining weekly meetings and brainstorms.
- What we need help with: We’re looking for an intern who’s passionate and/or curious about marketing and what messaging resonates with people to make them want to use a free product. More specifically, we’re looking for someone who wants to help build the Teal brand through our organic social media and content marketing efforts.
- What you’ll gain: A broad foundation in the content and marketing space, a way to test out the field to see if it interests you as a possible career, autonomy in your day-to-day with the knowledge that you have a team to support you remotely, and an inside look at both the job search process and what it looks like to be part of an early-stage startup.
- Ideate, concept, and create content for Teal’s social media accounts, including but not limited to TikTok (+Stories), Instagram (+Stories), YouTube (+Shorts), LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Help with social media community management (responding to DMs, engaging with followers across channels, etc.) and light analytics reporting
- Research influencer and content creator partnerships and help brainstorm campaign concepts
- Write and publish short- and long-form content for the Teal blog and use tools to ensure posts are optimized for SEO
- Organize our content warehouse/database with a cohesive tagging structure
- Optimize YouTube videos /captions and podcast transcripts for SEO
- Source content for the weekly newsletter and Slack community as needed
- Support with implementation of a visual and verbal rebrand
- Current college undergraduate or recent graduate or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Effective communicator who can succeed in a fully remote team
- Ability to work well independently and collaborate effectively in a small team
- Working Knowledge of all G-Suite platforms (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc.)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has prior knowledge of and experience using major social media platforms, whether your personal account or a brand (specifically TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and/or YouTube)
- Is a strong writer
- Has a working knowledge of graphic design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Canva, Figma, Illustrator, etc.) and/or video editing software
- Is excited about helping people land jobs they love
- Is excited to work with an early-stage startup