This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Crisis Text Line is seeking a Staff Data Engineer to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing scalable data pipelines and a resilient cloud data platform. You will work closely with product managers and data consumers to meet internal analytics and client data needs. Additionally, you will be involved in the entire lifecycle of data pipeline development, from discovery and design to quality and maintenance. Crisis Text Line values diversity, and they are looking for individuals who are ready to take on technology challenges and make an impact on millions of users in crisis.
- Design, develop, and deploy scalable data pipelines and a scalable and resilient cloud data platform
- Design and build multi-tenant systems capable of loading and transforming large volumes of structured and semi-structured fast moving data
- Partner with Data Scientists and product team to drive agile delivery of both existing and new offerings
- Work with Product and Project Managers to understand the features, do technical assessment, design, code, test, and deliver
- Help with team goals including the support of live 24/7 production systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of programming experience in Python/Java/Scala/GO, with a minimum of 3 years of Python experience
- 6+ years of experience in data engineering with a strong background in Apache Spark
- 6+ years of professional work experience building ETL pipelines using AWS services such as S3, Lambda, DMS, Athena, SNS, Kinesis, EMR, etc.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance to junior data engineers
- Aptitude for learning new tools and technologies and applying them when appropriate
- Working knowledge and experience with integration patterns, system design, and distributed systems
- Experience with building and deploying a CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge and experience with data modeling concepts and developing data quality standards
- Knowledge or experience in architectural best practices in building data lakes
- Fluent and idiomatic English writing skills
- Preferred qualifications include experience with building data pipelines in Databricks, experience with real-time streaming systems (Kafka/Kafka Connect, Spark Streaming, Flink, or AWS Kinesis), infrastructure provisioning experience using Cloud Formation or Terraform, experience with MLOps systems and production-level machine learning infrastructure, and experience developing data governance to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- 20 paid holidays including federal holidays, election day, holiday break, renewal days, and floating holidays
- Flexible paid time off including vacation days, personal days, and sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and family at no cost
- 403B retirement plan with a 3% contribution by Crisis Text Line
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Student loan repayment after 2 years of continuous full-time service
- Family support through a virtual childcare platform
- Stipends/Allowances for mental health, internet service, professional development, wellness, and home office setup
- Commitment to diversity and equal opportunity employment
- Reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.