This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Messari is seeking a Senior Analytics Engineer to join their on-chain data team. This collaborative role involves working closely with research, product, and engineering teams to drive data modeling efforts and maximize business impact. Responsibilities include delivering end-to-end data products, designing processes for improved efficiency, and mentoring junior data analysts. Familiarity with crypto and prior experience with blockchain data is a plus. The ideal candidate has 4+ years of experience in data modeling, strong expertise in SQL and dbt, and experience with cloud data warehouses and data infrastructure tools.
- Owning the data pipeline end-to-end, including data modeling, data visualization, and data quality.
- Designing and putting processes in place to improve operational efficiency.
- Design and build data models for blockchain data to transform low level (raw) data into high level metrics.
- Employs modern data tools and best practices to ensure data quality and consistency.
- Foster collaboration & knowledge sharing across business functions.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior team members.
- 4+ years of experience in data modeling, schema design, and data tools/ops
- Strong expertise in SQL and dbt, proficient with Python
- Experience working in a cloud data warehouse (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Databricks)
- Experience working with data infra/ops tools like Docker, CI/CD, and AWS
- Passion for cryptocurrencies and a good understanding of blockchains and/or decentralized finance (DeFi) (nice to have)
- Data science experience (nice to have)
- Salary range: $150,000- $180,000
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options
- Health, Dental, & Vision coverage (Messari covers 80% of the cost)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for health care needs
- Life Insurance coverage up to 1x Annual Salary
- Disability Insurance (Long-term and Short-term)
- Flexible Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave (18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver)
- WeWork: All Access Pass
- 401k with a 3% match
- $500 WFH (Work From Home) set up allowance
- Community & Social Events
- Learning and Development with a $1,000 annual contribution for continued education
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.