This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
SpinLaunch is seeking a candidate to join their team in developing software tools for measuring the effectiveness and feasibility of advanced satellite communication constellations. The role involves using and creating software tools to model satellite payload performance, global market demand for communication services, and constellation support infrastructure. The candidate will also be responsible for optimizing computational efficiency, managing the codebase of constellation modeling tools, and collaborating with the Engineering team to optimize constellation design. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, experience in modeling systems performance, a strong understanding of 3D vector geometry and calculus, and the ability to rapidly expand their knowledge and skills.
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace, Mechanical Engineer, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, or related field
- Experience in modelling systems performance across a variety of disciplines (MATLAB, Python, Julia, Excel, etc.)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of 3D vector geometry and calculus
- Ability to rapidly expand application specific knowledge sets and skills where necessary
- Passion for understanding complexity and finding answers to challenging questions
- Experience developing GIS (mapping) software tools
- Previous experience with LEO spacecraft and/or space mission top level design
- Previous experience working on LEO constellation(s)
- Familiarity with radio communication principles (antennas, link budgets, etc.)
- Experience in optimizing computationally intensive software
- Salary Range: $115,000.00 to $175,000.00
- Base salary determined on a case-by-case basis
- Factors influencing salary include experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and scope of the position
- ITAR Requirements: Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Equal opportunity employer: Promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.