This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join Allergan Data Labs and contribute to the transformation of the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at AbbVie. In this role, you will lead a team of Backend and Frontend Engineers, collaborate with key stakeholders, and solve critical technical problems. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in software engineering and architecture, with a focus on developing high-performance eCommerce applications using modern web and cloud technologies. Additionally, proficiency in Salesforce Commerce Cloud, microservices, GraphQL, and AWS is required.
- Manage, lead, and mentor a team of 6+ Backend and Frontend Engineers to deliver high quality code that is secure, reusable, and scalable.
- Elevate software quality across the organization by leading design sessions, improving development process, and conducting code reviews.
- Conceptualize and execute technical approaches for emerging systems and architecture.
- Promote Allergan Data Labs engineering brand through blog posts, culture, conferences, open-source projects, and meet-ups.
- Collaborate with the Director of Engineering to help grow the engineering team and foster a culture that embodies our core values.
- Develop high-performance eCommerce applications using modern web and cloud technologies.
- Have technical and functional experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) and/or other eCommerce platforms.
- Build and scale microservices with GraphQL (Apollo) and REST (EKS/Serverless).
- Proficient with SQL and NoSQL flavors like PostgreSQL, MySQL, and DynamoDB.
- Experience with front-end frameworks like React and Next.js.
- Proficient in building cloud-native architectures in AWS, including Serverless/Lambda and Kubernetes.
- Understand infrastructure as code using Terraform, Consul, CI/CD, and other tools.
- Set up successful test suites to cover unit, integration, e2e, load, and security tests.
- Work in cross-functional Agile Scrum teams and rely on proven management methodologies.
- Have excellent communication, presentation, and white-boarding skills.
- Have a BS or MS in Computer Science or related field; or comparable experience.
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or Architect
- 5+ years of experience leading high-performance teams
- Experience in developing high-performance eCommerce applications using modern web and cloud technologies
- Technical and functional experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) and/or other eCommerce platforms
- Experience in building and scaling microservices with GraphQL (Apollo) and REST (EKS/Serverless)
- Proficient with SQL and NoSQL flavors like PostgreSQL, MySQL, and DynamoDB
- Experience with front-end frameworks like React and Next.js
- Proficient in building cloud-native architectures in AWS
- Understanding of infrastructure as code using Terraform, Consul, CI/CD, and other tools
- Experience in setting up successful test suites for unit, integration, e2e, load, and security tests
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile Scrum teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, and white-boarding skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field; or comparable experience
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick)
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short-term incentive programs
- Long-term incentive programs
- Competitive salary
- Competitive annual bonus targets
- RSU grants (Long Term Incentives) for approved roles
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 17 paid holidays per year, including 3 floating holidays
- Annual Paid Time Off (PTO), with separate sick days
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Caregiver Leave
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Plan
- Flexible workplace accommodations
- Opportunities to attend Lakers, Knicks, Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim Angels, and NY Rangers games
- Opportunities to attend concerts, festivals, and other live entertainment events
- Tuition reimbursement
- Attend a tech or marketing conference of your choice each year
- A MacBook Pro and accompanying hardware
- Modern productivity toolset (Slack, Miro, Loom, Lucid, Google Docs, Atlassian, etc.)
- Generous discounts on SkinMedica skin care products
- Discounted aesthetic treatment days multiple times a year
- $600 worth of Alle benefits each year for aesthetic treatments and products
- Eligible for donation matching to over 1.5 million nonprofit organizations
- Attend AWS Re:Invent in person (Las Vegas) or virtually each year (for certain roles)
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.