This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking wireless engineers at all levels to develop and implement wireless receiver algorithms for drones and related technologies. SkySafe, a leading company in drone security, is dedicated to protecting against threats and integrating commercial drones into the national airspace. As part of our growing team in San Diego, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the advancement of our technology and assist various entities in managing their airspace using real-time drone data and analytics. If you are passionate about optimizing receiver algorithms and exploring new possibilities in an emerging industry, SkySafe may be the right fit for you.
- Identify system-level optimization opportunities for wireless receivers
- Design and implement algorithmic and architectural optimizations in a software defined radio (SDR) platform
- Conduct literature research, prototyping, and document novel receiver algorithms
- Work in a team environment, utilizing version control systems, issue trackers, and messaging
- Experience in designing and implementing wireless receiver algorithms
- Knowledge of a wide variety of wireless protocols
- Ability to identify system-level optimization opportunities for wireless receivers
- Proficiency in software defined radio (SDR) platforms
- Strong research and prototyping skills for developing novel receiver algorithms
- Ability to work in a team environment using version control systems and issue trackers
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Opportunity to work in an entirely new industry
- System-level optimization opportunities for wireless receivers
- Design and implementation of algorithmic and architectural optimizations
- Literature research, prototyping, and documentation of novel receiver algorithms
- Collaborative team environment with version control systems, issue trackers, and messaging tools
- MS with 5+ years of experience or PhD with 2+ years of experience
- Specialization in communication receiver design and analysis
- Good understanding of modern communication systems such as TDMA, OFDM, LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.
- Experience with Matlab, Python, and/or C/C++ for algorithm development, modeling, and simulation
- Proficiency with modern software development practices and tools such as Git, GitHub, continuous integration servers, etc.
- Experience with SIMD vectorization (SSE, AVX, NEON) is a plus
- Familiarity with SDR software (GNU Radio, RFNoC, liquid-dsp, libhackrf) is a plus
- Experience with Ettus Research hardware is a plus
- Experience with the design and evaluation of RF systems including electronic warfare, radar, spectrum sensing, and communications is preferred
- Self-guided with a diversity of skills and strong initiative
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.