This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for this position is that Visual Concepts, a top game development studio, is seeking a Senior Tools/Systems Engineer for their Agoura Hills studio in California. The ideal candidate should have a high bar for code quality and a passion for clean and efficient design. The main responsibilities of this role include improving the design, stability, and performance of existing tools, refactoring existing modules, authoring documentation, and maintaining and integrating tools and processes into the build pipeline. The candidate should have 5+ years of relevant industry experience, a degree in Computer Science or related field, strong C++ skills, and familiarity with source control systems and build pipelines.
- Improve the design, stability, and performance of existing tools with manual and automated testing.
- Profile and optimize existing tools to maximize efficiency.
- Improve the tool development process by refactoring existing modules and writing new code with industry best practices.
- Author documentation to help the development team understand new and existing tool workflow and features, along with best practices.
- Partner with Tools and DevOps to maintain and integrate tools and processes into the build pipeline.
- Dive into a large codebase to simplify processes, solve challenges, and identify deficiencies.
- 5+ years of relevant proven industry experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of multi-threading concepts, and experience writing multithreaded code
- Strong C++ skills, working knowledge of C#
- Strong experience with Perforce or other source control systems
- Familiarity with build pipelines, distributed build systems, and tools such as Jenkins
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
- Ability to write clean, well-documented, and efficient code
- Passion for video games
- Pay range between $80,000 and $140,000 per year
- Base pay based on market location and individualized factors
- Total compensation package may include bonus and/or equity awards
- Full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits
- Details of participation in benefit plans provided upon offer of employment
- 'At-will position' with the ability for the company to modify base salary and other compensation or benefit programs at any time
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.