This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
This role is responsible for connecting insights and ideas, transforming obscure culture into specific opportunities, and translating data points into brand action. The person in this role will serve as the strategic "hub" within the agency, collaborating closely with various teams to inspire and guide the development of the right ideas for the brand and the business. They will be involved in both high-level brand strategy and day-to-day planning, pushing for creative ideas that go beyond advertising to drive business success. The ideal candidate is someone who takes action, operates in real time, and can generate thoughtful yet relatable solutions.
- Participates and leads in strategy development for clients and new business
- Helps generate the Red Thread, or actionable strategic idea, in any brand effort
- Contributes to best-practice solutions for the overall strategic process at Barkley
- Becomes an invaluable resource for clients in terms of overall strategic guidance
- Writes and presents micro and macro-level creative briefs for all initiatives
- Lead integrated idea teams in idea sessions and workshops
- Recommends and manages research that will aid in the consumer insight-gathering and strategic process
- Monitors and interprets cultural and social trends relevant to client business
- Presents insights/implications/opportunities in client and new business
- Finds creative, differentiating ways to gain insights
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to connect insights and ideas
- Experience in leading and partnering with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on high-level brand strategy as well as day-to-day planning
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to generate actionable strategic ideas
- Proficiency in conducting research and gathering consumer insights
- Knowledge of cultural and social trends relevant to client business
- Ability to present insights, implications, and opportunities to clients and new business
- Becomes an invaluable resource for clients in terms of overall strategic guidance.
- Writes and presents micro and macro-level creative briefs for all initiatives.
- Lead integrated idea teams in idea sessions and workshops.
- Recommends and manages research that will aid in the consumer insight-gathering and strategic process.
- Monitors and interprets cultural and social trends relevant to client business.
- Presents insights/implications/opportunities in client and new business.
- Finds creative, differentiating ways to gain insights, using known tools (qualitative and quantitative), as well as unique and new approaches.
- Must have samples with inspired thinking.
- Exhibit high-level writing and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate deep experience in insight and research practices.
- Excellent reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make creative leaps.
- 5+ years of direct experience in the strategy field preferred.
- Barkley’s Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Barkley is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging as part of our corporate strategic goals, supported by a formal DEI+B program, Employee Resource Groups, Director of Diversity leadership and agency commitment to The Brand Lab.