This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Thumbtack is seeking Senior Software Engineers to develop software for their web applications and large-scale distributed systems. The role involves building new product features, debugging software, and maintaining operational systems. The engineers will also be responsible for designing and building software infrastructure, conducting statistical analysis, and collaborating with cross-functional teams. The position requires a Master's degree in Computer Science and at least three years of experience in software development. The expected salary range for the role is $191,250 - $258,750.
- Develop software for Thumbtack's web applications and large-scale distributed systems using scripting languages such as Golang, Python, and Java.
- Debug software and maintain operational systems for Thumbtack.com.
- Write high-quality, maintainable code with large-scale distributed systems.
- Design and build Thumbtack.com's software infrastructure to maintain stability and scale.
- Define and implement standards to create a consistent, quality experience for users across all software interfaces.
- Conduct statistical analysis and verify code quality using A/B testing.
- Build alerting and monitoring for production systems.
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and design groups to execute software development projects and gather user insights.
- Lead a technical team of junior engineers and mentor them.
- Telecommuting permitted.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Three (3) years of experience in the job offered or in a software development-related occupation
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in programming languages including Java, Python, Go, or C++
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in object-oriented code design
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in SQL databases
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in web application development, including client and server applications and databases
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in computer data structures and algorithms
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in testing and deployment of code changes
- Telecommuting permitted
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Thumbtack embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity workplace
- Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.