This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Openly is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join their team and contribute to building the technology infrastructure for their insurance platform. The role involves designing and implementing security best practices, automating tasks, and making important architectural and operational decisions. The ideal candidate should have experience in infrastructure automation and a proven track record of improving stability, performance, and scalability in business-critical systems. This is an opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company that is re-envisioning and enhancing the customer experience in the insurance industry.
- Build internal tooling to help other engineers and the rest of the company understand and operate the system
- Design and implement security best practices for the team and infrastructure
- Automate repetitive tasks to reduce toil, including building and maintaining CI/CD infrastructure, developing CLI and ChatOps tools, and automating manual processes
- Build infrastructure as code using declarative provisioning tools
- Develop high signal-to-noise ratio monitoring and alerting policies and technology to meet SLOs
- Lead incident response and postmortems
- Contribute to important architectural and operational decisions like microservices vs. monoliths, deployment techniques, technologies, policies, etc.
- 4+ years of professional/production experience developing and using infrastructure automation tools and techniques
- Proven track record of creating improvements in business-critical systems around stability, performance, and scalability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complete systems from start
- Competitive salary
- Corporate bonus program
- Equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- 401k with corporate contribution
- FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- "Work-from-anywhere in the US" mentality
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.