This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Openly is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead and support a team of engineers in delivering critical functionality for their insurance platform. The role involves managing and mentoring engineers, promoting a culture of feedback and transparent communication, and driving the team towards their career goals. The Engineering Manager will also collaborate with internal stakeholders, attract and develop a diverse team of engineers, and ensure alignment between business goals and the team's work. Resolving issues and maintaining visibility into trade-offs are also key responsibilities of the role.
- Experience guiding a group of diverse, bright, and motivated engineers while balancing their needs with business objectives
- Ability to manage, support, and mentor a diverse group of engineers
- Strong leadership skills to give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make choices that result in recognition for themselves
- Ability to remove roadblocks for the team and escalate when additional context or direction is needed
- Proven track record of driving teams toward their career goals, identifying milestones, and setting them up for success
- Ability to promote a culture of feedback and transparent communication
- Experience partnering with internal stakeholders on feature definition and driving breakdown of work to support organizational objectives
- Ability to attract, recruit, and develop a diverse team of high-quality engineers
- Strong problem-solving skills to resolve or escalate issues that serve as roadblocks and place deliverables and goals at risk
- Ability to gain and maintain visibility into trade-offs between options and priorities to positively influence the approach taken by the team
- Experience designing feedback loops to incorporate members' feedback into continuous improvement activities
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- "Work-from-anywhere in the US" mentality, even before COVID restrictions
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.