This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Openly is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join their team and contribute to the development of their insurance platform. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in designing, building, testing, and maintaining the services and technology that power Openly's insurance offering and customer experiences. They will collaborate with internal and external partners, integrate with external services and data providers, and provide mentorship and support to their team. Openly is a rapidly growing company with a strong backing from top investors, and this is an opportunity to make a real difference during their formative period.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop core systems and create APIs for user experiences.
- Build internal tooling and APIs to streamline business and engineering processes.
- Implement systemic changes to align existing systems with architectural goals.
- Integrate with external services for payments, documents, and claims management.
- Integrate with data providers to source real-time information on property characteristics and risk profiles.
- Provide subject matter expertise, mentorship, and support to team members.
- Collaborate on architectural discussions with the team.
- Contribute to important architectural and operational decisions.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, weekly 1:1's, and biweekly retros.
- Have at least 4 years of professional experience in developing backend web-stack applications.
- Have professional experience with Go programming language.
- Have a track record of improving stability, performance, and scalability in business-critical systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver complete systems independently and within a reasonable time frame.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills for effective communication.
- At least 4 years of professional/production experience developing backend web-stack applications
- Professional experience leveraging Go in prior roles
- Sustained track record of creating improvements in business-critical systems around stability, performance, and scalability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complete systems from start to finish in a reasonable time frame with little or no supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills, such as an ability to explain complex te
- Competitive salary
- Corporate bonus program
- Equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- 401k with corporate contribution
- FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- "Work-from-anywhere in the US" mentality
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.