This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
We are seeking a driven software engineer who is passionate about their craft and wants to make a positive impact in the world. In this role, you will work in a high-performing organization using modern software development approaches to deliver value to our users. We value collaboration, empathy, excellence, and continuous improvement. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will collaborate with the engineering team to define and operationalize service level objectives, while also managing the on-call rotation and identifying potential performance issues. If you have experience in a startup environment, compliance and security regulations, and a strong track record of quality and stability, we encourage you to apply.
- Collaborate with members of the engineering team to define and operationalize service level objectives (SLO) and find sustainable methods for monitoring, managing, and scaling platforms and services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to distill and synthesize non-functional requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be quickly implemented.
- Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
- Manage the on-call rotation for the engineering squad and build process, procedures, and technology that align with service level objectives.
- Dive into logs, statsd, and other various platform telemetries to identify potential performance, scale, and stability issues before they become bottlenecks.
- Have 5+ years of engineering experience, with part of it in a startup environment.
- Have recent and relevant experience with compliance and security regulations and processes.
- Align with BetterUp's mission of enabling self-driven behavior change.
- Succeed in a remote work environment.
- Have advanced level experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Be willing to participate in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
- Have experience identifying and establishing meaningful service level indicators and objectives.
- Be experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc).
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have an impressive track record of maintaining a high bar of quality, stability, and availability.
- 5+ years engineering experience, at least part of which is in a startup environment
- Recent and relevant experience with compliance and security regulations and processes
- Alignment with BetterUp mission of enabling self-driven behavior change
- Succeeded in a remote work environment
- Advanced level experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Willingness to participate in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation
- Experience identifying and establishing meaningful service level indicators and objectives
- Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Impressive track record of maintaining a high bar of quality, stability, and availability
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.