This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
In this critical leadership role as a director of engineering, you will be responsible for growing and investing in our world-class talent. You will work closely with product, design, people insights, data, and coaches to build the next iteration of our products and drive business value. The company is on a path to $1B in revenue and is looking for someone passionate about technology and behavioral science to help people achieve their goals. If you are a proven leader with a strong technical background and a passion for impacting human performance, this role offers the opportunity to make a significant impact and be part of a fulfilling work experience.
- Recruit, hire, and develop a world-class remote-first engineering team.
- Build strong organizational cultures focused on growth, innovation, and fostering creativity.
- Work directly with product, design, and operations functions to define and refine product and engineering roadmap.
- Optimize and evolve engineering best practices and processes.
- Find ways to continuously balance investments in new initiatives and scale existing offerings.
- Develop the technical roadmap and architecture for focus areas by working closely with product and leadership teams.
- Drive technical alignment with other engineering leaders as the company scales its architecture.
- Have a passion for impacting human performance and well-being at the intersection of technology and behavioral science.
- Have a minimum of 12 years of software development experience, with 5 years of management experience.
- Possess proven leadership skills and strong oral and written communication.
- Experience managing managers is a plus.
- Have expertise in agile software development processes (Kanban/SCRUM/Lean principles).
- Demonstrate ruthless prioritization and ability to deliver maximum impact with minimal effort.
- Have a deep understanding of SaaS/PaaS cloud architectures (AWS).
- Experience growing and learning in other rapid growth environments is a plus.
- Have a strong technical background with cloud or application engineering.
- Prior experience with coaching is a plus.
- Passion for impacting human performance and well-being at the intersection of technology and behavioral science
- 12 years minimum software development experience, with 5 years of management experience
- Proven leadership skills and strong oral and written communication
- Experience managing managers is a plus
- Expertise in agile software development processes (Kanban/SCRUM/Lean principles)
- Ruthless prioritization and ability to deliver maximum impact with minimal effort
- Deep understanding of SaaS/PaaS cloud architectures (AWS)
- Experience growing and learning in other rapid growth environments is a plus
- Strong technical background with cloud or application engineering
- Prior experience with coaching is a plus
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- Competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Flexible paid time off, including all federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company-wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.