This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Senior Production Underwriter is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with independent agents and brokers in order to grow the MEMIC Express business segment in a defined geographic region. They will evaluate insurance submissions, collaborate with underwriting teams, conduct market research, and recommend product and service ideas to maintain competitiveness. The role requires a bachelor's degree, technical underwriting experience, strong marketing skills, and the ability to travel extensively within the territory.
- Solicits, identifies and evaluates performance and profitability of insurance submissions from independent agents and brokers within the assigned territory.
- Works closely with underwriting analyst to promote good underwriting service and underwriting quality.
- Prospects and recruits new agencies and manages current agency performance.
- Collaborates with Middle Market and Large Risk underwriting team members.
- Conducts market research and recommends product and service ideas to maintain business segment competitiveness.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- CPCU or other insurance designation preferred
- Five years of technical underwriting experience in the property and casualty industry
- Highly developed marketing skills
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on approach
- Ability to travel extensively within defined territory
- Working knowledge of PC Applications, particularly Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to make timely decisions with appropriate information and consultation
- Independently exhibit initiative with strong focus on results
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Health Insurance options, Dental Insurance options and Vision Insurance
- Employee Life Insurance/AD&D and Dependent Life Insurance options
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account with potential employer match
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Account
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal/Identify Theft Insurance options
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with match up to 5%, plus profit sharing & discretionary contributions (subject to vesting)
- 5 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 7 paid holidays
- Flextime schedules
- Paid Parental Leave
- Student loan paydown and refinancing assistance
- Educational assistance for job related courses, seminars, certifications or degrees
- One paid day every year to volunteer for your non-profit of choice
- On-site fitness center (Maine & Virginia) or fitness reimbursement
- Subsidized parking
- Sit-Stand desks & daily stretch breaks