This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The Senior Manager, Software Engineering at Jobber will be responsible for leading and developing a team of engineers to support and empower small businesses. This role will focus on the development of Jobber's suite of Fintech products, collaborating with cross-functional teams to create a world-class experience for customers. The successful candidate will have a track record of success in software engineering and leadership, with the ability to guide teams in solving complex problems and creating innovative solutions. Strong communication and collaboration skills are essential, as well as a strategic approach to performance management.
- Live and breathe performance and facilitation, collaborating with the team to build extraordinary experiences and systems.
- Support and develop the skills and career of Engineering Managers and Individual Contributors.
- Help team members set goals, have regular 1-on-1s, and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Understand technology risks and plan investment, including addressing ongoing risks such as tech debt and security.
- Participate in recruiting events and the hiring process to develop a world-class team.
- Remove roadblocks and build guardrails to create an environment where people can produce top-quality work.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders across the business to find the best solutions for small businesses.
- Keep up in technical conversations, guide teams in solving hard problems, and create a technical strategy for each team.
- Lead change through influence and deliver on company vision.
- Be agile in an agile environment, adapting to change and finding creative solutions to problems.
- Establish transparent communication with the team and have open dialogue to support coaching conversations and discussions.
- Collaborate with direct reports or other teams to understand goals and develop plans to achieve them.
- Implement a thoughtful and effective approach to performance management.
- Track record of success in software engineering and leadership positions
- Experience leading multiple teams in delivering quality software
- Ability to participate in technical conversations and guide teams in solving complex problems
- Familiarity with creating new and innovative products for end users
- Previous experience leading change and delivering on company vision
- Agility in an agile environment, including the ability to adapt to change and think critically and creatively
- Strong communication skills, including transparency and open dialogue
- Collaboration skills to work with direct reports and other teams
- Thoughtful and effective approach to performance management
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
- We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.