This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
The job overview for the Senior Data Engineer role at Jobber is to be a key member of the Business Technology team within the BizOps Department. The role involves designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines in cloud infrastructure, collaborating with other teams to automate processes and build tools, and extracting actionable insights from data to shape the company's direction. The Senior Data Engineer will also participate in strategic planning, propose new technologies for the data engineering stack, and ensure data integrity. Strong leadership skills and experience in data engineering teams are essential for success in this role.
- Build and maintain batch and real-time data pipelines in cloud infrastructure
- Design and develop scripts, tools, serverless applications, and workflows
- Automate manual processes and build alerting/monitoring tools
- Collaborate with other teams to build tools, frameworks, and reports for experiments and A/B test analysis
- Extract actionable insights from data to shape the company's direction
- Lead initiatives to research and propose new technologies and tooling for data engineering
- Participate in design and code reviews and solve problems with technology
- Ensure data integrity by investigating discrepancies in reports
- Bring team members together, work through challenges, and foster a collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Python and SQL for writing code
- Experience in analytics dimensional modeling and data warehousing in a cloud environment
- Building and maintaining data pipelines for ETL/ELT processes
- Collecting and ingesting data from external sources and optimizing data flow between systems
- Knowledge of SQL query performance debugging and tuning
- Experience with CI/CD environments
- Familiarity with BI tools
- Experience in developing and operating high-volume, high-velocity data systems
- Experience as a Data Engineer or similar role in an Agile/Scrum environment, with experience in data engineering teams.
- Proficiency in writing code in a few different languages, preferably Python and SQL.
- Experience in analytics dimensional modelling/star schema and data warehousing in a cloud environment (preferably AWS Redshift).
- Experience in building and maintaining data pipelines for ETL/ELT processes.
- Relevant experience with data collection and ingestion from external sources, and optimizing data flow between different systems and environments.
- Knowledge of SQL including query performance debugging and tuning skills.
- Experience with CI/CD environments.
- Familiarity of BI tools.
- Experience in developing and operating high-volume, high-performance data processing systems.
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
- We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.