This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
Chartboost is seeking an exceptional Machine Learning Engineer to join their team and focus on the development of their real-time bidder. This role involves designing and implementing predictive models, optimization algorithms, and control systems at a large scale. The engineer will also be responsible for architecting foundational parts of production systems, proactively identifying optimization opportunities, and collaborating with various teams to roll out new product offerings. The ideal candidate should have a degree in Engineering, Statistics, Math, Economics, Machine Learning, or Computer Science, along with practical experience in a relevant role and proficiency in Python, cloud computing environments, and data processing.
- Design and implement predictive models, optimization algorithms, and control systems at large scale that control real money and target specific financial goals
- Architect foundational parts of production systems and write well-structured, flexible, and tested Python code
- Proactively identify opportunities for optimization – algorithmically or architecturally – and own the scoping and implementation of solutions
- Explore and develop expertise with cutting-edge methods for streaming data and real-time control
- Take an ownership role of product-critical infrastructure that enables the Chartboost DSP to automate its end-to-end offering to customers
- Collaborate closely with Business, Product, Data, and Engineering teams to co-own the rollout of new product offerings
- Develop and refine best practices for data processing, experimentation, monitoring, debugging, and analyzing data pipelines
- BS degree in Engineering, Statistics, Math, Economics, Machine Learning or Computer Science
- 3+ years of practical experience in a Machine Learning Engineer, Software Engineer, or Data Engineer role, and sound understanding of engineering and system design principles
- Experience writing, testing, and deploying production code in Python and a solid understanding of object-oriented programming, system architecture, and testing.
- Familiarity with any cloud computing environment (AWS/GCP/Azure) and understanding of modern production stack, such as FAAS, streaming/queueing tools (eg Kafka), in-memory stores (eg Redis), Spark.
- Experience building pipelines for large or fast-moving data (for instance, internet of things, ad tech, gaming) using an orchestration platform (eg, Airflow/Beam)
- Proficient with SQL, version control programs (such as git/github), and command-line use
- Experience or training in control or optimization algorithms (PID, rule-based or model-based control, reinforcement learning) (a plus)
- Fully remote role
- Equal opportunity employer
- Inclusive environment for all employees
- Pay range between $125,000 and $241,000 per year (California)
- Pay range between $120,000 and $236,000 per year (New York City and New Jersey)
- Pay range between $115,000 and $220,000 per year (Washington)
- Base pay based on market location and individual factors
- Total compensation package may include bonus and/or equity awards
- Medical, financial, and/or other benefits
- Participation in benefit plans
- 401(K) plan eligibility (Washington)
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance (Washington)
- 13 paid holidays per calendar year (Washington)
- Unlimited discretionary time off
- 10 sick days per calendar year (Washington)
- At-will position
- Company reserves the right to modify base salary and other compensation or benefit programs at any time.
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.