This job is closed
We regret to inform you that the job you were interested in has now been closed. Although this specific position is no longer available, we encourage you to continue exploring other opportunities on our job board.
About the position
OpenPhone is seeking talented Engineers to join their core engineering team. The role involves developing and scaling a world-class application that re-imagines the modern-day business phone. The responsibilities include implementing UI/UX designs, architecting and implementing features, writing clean and efficient code, participating in code reviews, and contributing to a collaborative environment. The desired qualifications include 5+ years of front-end development experience, technical design ability, strong coding ability, and familiarity with TypeScript, React, V8, Node.js, and other related technologies. Overall, this is an opportunity to make a significant impact at a high-growth startup.
- Ensure UI/UX designs are implemented correctly to build features that will delight customers and help grow the company further.
- Architect and implement features that will make the app reliable, testable, and offline-first.
- Write clean, efficient, and reusable code that adheres to industry best practices.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that code quality is maintained at all times through strong testing practices.
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency with team members, including back-end developers, product managers, and design and quality assurance engineers.
- 5+ years of experience in front-end development. Hybrid development is a plus.
- Excellent technical design ability, strong coding ability, in-depth understanding of TypeScript and React, V8, Node.js and their underlying principles, ability to systematically analyze performance issues and perform optimizations.
- Experience with big picture architectural design (bonus if server side as well FE)
- Experience with state management like MobX or Redux.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and asynchronous programming.
- Experience with FE compiling tools like Webpack and V
- Fully remote work environment
- Curious, ambitious, and dedicated team
- Trust is valued above all else
- Strong bias for action
- Opportunity for growth
- Inclusive and diverse work environment
- No discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Dev & Engineering
This is some text inside of a div block.