This job is closed
About the position
As a Fall '23 Project Management Intern at ShipHawk in Santa Barbara, CA, you will play a critical role in strategic projects and Business Operations activities. You will be responsible for investigating problems, analyzing data, recommending solutions, and implementing them. This internship will provide you with exposure to the shipping industry and the opportunity to work with a supportive and collaborative team. You will gain valuable corporate experience, develop technical and analytical skills, and contribute to key business decisions. This position requires strong problem-solving abilities, excellent communication skills, and a detail-oriented mindset.
- Assist with Business Operations project(s) while paying strict attention to detail within the context of company strategy
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Coordinate between ShipHawk teams, stakeholders and if needed, customers
- Ensure project participants are aware of responsibilities, deadlines, and held accountable accordingly
- Develop, manage, and document best practices and lessons learned from each project
- Assist with Business Operations activities and tasks
- Provide feedback to management regarding necessary changes and updates
- May include other duties as assigned by Management
- Benchmark Industry Trends
- Available to work 10 - 15 hours per week in the Santa Barbara Office.
- Must be a critical thinker and a detail-oriented problem-solver.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to understand and analyze problems without extensive context.
- Curious and quick learner, with a healthy dose of initiative.
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in Project Management or Communication.
- 3.5 month long internship program
- $500/month stipend
- Flexible work schedule (10-15 hours/week)
- Work in downtown Santa Barbara
- Hands-on experience and opportunity to lead projects
- Ability to work in a fun tech startup environment
- Be a part of a bigger internship cohort
- Work with a renowned local SaaS tech company
- Onboarding day and graduation event
- Team-building event with fellow interns, buddies, and managers
- Network and build professional connections within the community
- Make an impact as part of the team